recipesBetter Breakfast Cookie
Friday, December 04, 2015 3:00 PM
These tasty treats will fuel you up and are a hit with kids and adults alike. Even better, they get a flavor and moisture boost from pulp! This is another great Juiceman recipe to make in advance and freeze for the next time you're big on hunger and short on time!
Use Product: Compact Juicer JM250
- 3/4 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 Cup honey, warmed
- 2 Cups quick oats
- 1 Cup pulp such as carrot, apple, pear
- 1 Ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 Cup your favorite dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots)
- 1/2 Cup seeds (such as sunflower or pumpkin
- 1/2 nuts (cashew, almond, walnut)
- 1/4 Cup ground flax
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. Combine peanut butter, coconut oil and honey until smooth.
- Place all other ingredients into a large bowl. Mix with the peanut butter mixture until combined.
- Drop about 1/4 cup sized scoops onto a cookie sheet.
- Wet the base of a drinking glass with water and gently press the tops of cookies to flatten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet before moving to air-tight storage.
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrate: 29 g (Fiber 4 g)
Fat: 21 g (Sat Fat: 10 g)
Cholesterol: 0 mg